About Our Toys
Over the last 40 years, the developing countries have enjoyed a period of unmatched growth and prosperity, however, this growth has a price that is showing signs of wear and tear on our mother earth.
It is earthtoy's belief the real progress in effecting positive social and environmental changes must be instilled in our children of the world. They will be the most affected, and the consumers of products whose choices can create a positive effect on the environment and society.
At earthtoy, we are focusing on making that changing in the toy industry, working with a number of manufacturers to produce great toys in a socially responsible manner, and have positive, healthy play value.
The first question is, what does this mean? Well to us producing products in a socially responsible manner means the following:
1. Using recycled materials whenever and wherever feasible.
2. Using organically or sustainably produced materials, when recycled are not feasible.
3. Constantly working with the manufacturers we get our products from to improve their production methods.
4. Creating toys that are non-violent and have a socially responsible message such as peace, protecting the environment and diversity.
5. Offsetting the non-environmental impact the materials in our toys whenever we can not find or produce these toys environmentally. We will set aside 20% of the revenues from the sale of these products. Use this to develop the toys in more environmental methods, donatations to environmental, educational, and social organizations or to purchase carbon, sulphur, and other offsets (like planting trees).
Our first lines of products, the Foundlings, are a great example of our philosophy at work. The Foundlings are the purest toys on earth. The fabric is made from 100% organic (Pesticide Free) fibers and filled with 100% unbleached cotton fibers. The
Hugg-A-Planet Line is another example of our philosophy at work. The planets are stuffed with recycled fibers and impart a positive caring message for the planet. We also carry a line of earth marbles made from recycled glass. And many more to come.
We are extremely excited to change to toy industry and help change the world. We hope you will help us, please join our e-mail list by sending us a note on the e-mail button above.
Good Toys, make good children.